Shooting a miner bee in the nest was one goal. I have a few others, in terms of subject matter and productivity.
- More bees in nests, on branches, mating and in other behaviors besides foraging.
- There's a mid-sized bluish-black bee I've seen a few times, but never have gotten close to.
- More wasps. There are tons of them around, and I don't have much to show of them.
- Beetles, too.
- I want to re-do my series of ants farming aphids from last summer. I feel like I got several great moments captured poorly.
- I'd like to rent the 180mm Macro and shoot Karner blue butterflies in the Albany Pine Bush.
- Same with a good wide-angle, for landscapes there.
- Build up my collection of rights-managed nature stock on Alamy. I want to have at least 200 good images there by the end of the summer. I've gotten 26 accepted in the last two weeks, so I'm on a good track for that.
- Put out a book of bee photos. I'd like to focus on my favorites, the green metallic halictids, but I haven't decided how specific I want to get. It would be a combination of images and text.
4 comments:
Will the book be some sort of coffee table thing? I know at least one cousin who would be interested in purchasing.
Yup. I'm thinking through Blurb.com, self-published. Probably in the ~$30 range if I remember their prices right.
I saw your photography on smugmug. It's amazing!
Thanks Johannah! Great to hear :)
Post a Comment